Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Wrapped Up In My Today

Luke 1: 46-55

46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.

51 He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.

52 He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.

53 He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.

54 He hath helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;

55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.




Wrapped Up In My Today


Like many, I tend to view my life and situations from a “self” viewpoint. I lose my focus (Jesus) and begin to look with the attitude of how situations and people affect me.

I give too much power to the actions of those present in my today. I allow myself the luxury of centering everything upon myself.

I am well glad to realize it.

The big picture just escapes me sometimes. I guess that is one of the character issues that the Holy Spirit is working on.

In the first chapter of Luke, Mary’s clarity is inspiring. I mean, come on!!!
She wasn’t thinking of what the neighbors might say (or worse do to her). She wasn’t thinking of how all of her plans were irrevocably changed. She didn’t whine about any of it. Instead, she rejoiced in the Lord.

Mary magnified the Lord’s power and mercy and love. She chose to look at the mighty God we serve in awe. She chose to trust. She put her today in perspective. Compared to her testimony of the Lord’s faithfulness, her today was a walk in the park. She knew that God “had her back.”
Her confidence was in God.


Dear Lord,
Thank You for Your faithfulness. Thank You for Your mercy. And Lord, I thank You for Your patience with me as You mold me. I pray that my eyes remain focused on You. Because You are my yesterday, today and tomorrow. You are my eternity.
In Jesus’ name.

Amen.

No comments: