Sunday, June 3, 2007

The Best Things

Everyone has heard that saying: "The best things in life are free."

Well, no surprise-- it is true.

I adore being outside in the sunlight, feeling the breeze on my face. I come alive listening to the birds and smelling the sweet grass and cool earth.

Beach lounging is one of my specialties as well. There is just something about the sand between your toes, and the sun warming your skin. The ocean breeze can be intoxicating.

Even when I am constrained to indoor living........most mornings my window curtains are drawn back, blinds retracted and windows open. I crave the sunlight and sound of the breeze blowing through the tree tops. I giggle watching the lizards race through my hedges and rock garden. I long to venture out to the freedom waiting.

Yes, for me the adage is true. Some of the very best things in life are free. I'm gonna find my shades and head out into the great outdoors. I'll pack a light meal and some cool drinks and me and my flip flops will be good to go.

As the song goes...

"Grazin' in the grass is a gas! Baby, can you dig it?

No comments: