Sunday, June 20, 2010

While I was away...


I have been lax in updating here the last few weeks. I have a good excuse, though. I was on VACATION! Actually, it was a "stay"cation, as I stayed close to home and loved ones. Outside of a brief time in Orlando... I was home with my family.

I cooked, I rested, I laughed and I loved.

In other words: I had a ball!

Here are a few things on our plates while I was away:



Teriyaki Wings




Cinnamon Muffins



Oh yeah.... there was little accident, too.



No one was hurt, thankfully. (Inspect your Pyrex containers for chips... I'm not sure why mine shattered when I took it out of the oven...)

I really needed time away to rest and reconnect with loved ones. I was restored, loved and rejuvenated.

I'll be back with a more traditional entry soon! Thanks for hanging in there with me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are forgiven for being away...I do love seeing what you're up to and all the wonderful things you bring to the table though!! I can't believe that happened to your Pyrex!! Wow...that had to make a big noise!! Cooking is scary business:)

Lots of love, Jennifer Sturdevant-Tucker

Deborah said...

I'm glad you had a great vacation. All the food looks fantastic!

Unknown said...

A few years ago I pulled brownies out of the oven and put them on the stove to cool. I then wanted to make a cup of tea. I turned on the burner for the teapot.

Awhile later I was wondering why I wasn't hearing my water boil yet and started to wander into the kitchen. I was about 2 feet away when my brownie pan exploded, setting brownies on fire on my stove and my carpet. I was so thankful that I wasn't in the kitchen when it happened, and only on the way to the kitchen. I think I was about 6 inches from a piece of glass as it flew through the air.