Sunday, June 20, 2010

While I was away...

I have been lax in updating here the last few weeks. I have a good excuse, though. I was on VACATION! Actually, it was a "stay"cation, as I stayed close to home and loved ones. Outside of a brief time in Orlando... I was home with my family.

I cooked, I rested, I laughed and I loved.

In other words: I had a ball!

Here are a few things on our plates while I was away:

Teriyaki Wings

Cinnamon Muffins

Oh yeah.... there was little accident, too.

No one was hurt, thankfully. (Inspect your Pyrex containers for chips... I'm not sure why mine shattered when I took it out of the oven...)

I really needed time away to rest and reconnect with loved ones. I was restored, loved and rejuvenated.

I'll be back with a more traditional entry soon! Thanks for hanging in there with me.


Anonymous said...

You are forgiven for being away...I do love seeing what you're up to and all the wonderful things you bring to the table though!! I can't believe that happened to your Pyrex!! Wow...that had to make a big noise!! Cooking is scary business:)

Lots of love, Jennifer Sturdevant-Tucker

Deborah said...

I'm glad you had a great vacation. All the food looks fantastic!

Christine said...

A few years ago I pulled brownies out of the oven and put them on the stove to cool. I then wanted to make a cup of tea. I turned on the burner for the teapot.

Awhile later I was wondering why I wasn't hearing my water boil yet and started to wander into the kitchen. I was about 2 feet away when my brownie pan exploded, setting brownies on fire on my stove and my carpet. I was so thankful that I wasn't in the kitchen when it happened, and only on the way to the kitchen. I think I was about 6 inches from a piece of glass as it flew through the air.